Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Chemo Again Delayed

Not surprisingly after what Sandi has been through the last 48 hours they made the determination to hold off on the chemo. They took a very large amount of blood out of her to do blood cultures. The worry now is the strong possibility that she has contracted some sort of blood infection on top of everything else. The hope is that the fever and other issues are just related to the persistent viral croup and not another infection.

Since they are closed Friday for the upcoming holiday we go back Thursday and see where things stand. In the meantime, monitor all her symptoms and let them know immediately if anything seems to be getting worse.


Carol N Wong said...

Sorry to hear that she hasn't gotten better. Hope that she will be about to get some rest.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Well, if the coughing would stop she would sleep better. She got about two hours of sleep when we got home from the hospital and then a coughing fit ended that.