Sunday, September 09, 2018

Author Shirts In The Wild!!!


Back a few weeks ago I posted that I was willing and able to wear a shirt promoting a book and/or an author as I go about my errands. I did this same sort of thing a two or three years ago when we were going to Medical City Dallas Hospital and other places. While the hospital is no longer in play, there are still various grocery stores, the library, The University of Texas At Dallas, and other places.


I explained the shirt had to be a 5X. If folks were interested, I would send them my home address.



The only author that followed through on the project is Marian Allen. Not only did she have two shirts featuring her books sent to me, she also had one that featured my book, Mind Slices, as well.  While I have not worn my shirt yet with the giant image of my MRI on the cover of the book, I have worn her shirt advertising her book, THE FALL OF ONAGROS: SAGE: BOOK ONE as well as the shirt for, while at The University Of Texas At Dallas. I have worn her shirt, LONNIE, ME... A SHORT STORY COLLECTION.



So, if you are interested, drop me a note and we will work out the details.

2 comments:

authorlindathorne said...

What a neat idea. One Christmas my husband bought me a sweatshirt with a picture of my first book on it. I actually sold a few books just wearing it. I wore it a couple of times to work for dress-down Fridays and a couple of employees asked about the book and ended up buying it and one even reviewed it. When I wore it out for lunch, waiters would ask about it.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Everybody I worked with always wanted a free book and did not want to pay for it. :)

The response this time has been much more muted than before. I don't know why. I thought folks would be interested, but they just don't seem to be.