Thursday, September 05, 2019

Cardiologist Visit Update

Saw the cardiologist this morning and he believes I am doing okay. He wants several tests done in the spring to see how things are in order to compare to previous tests. He is very concerned about my grief issues and thinks that I really need to get into grief counseling. Something I have not wanted to do as I am upset enough on a daily basis without sitting in a room of twenty folks all talking and sharing this special kind of hell.

After I did that, I had to go by the dealership and have my car looked at to address some things. Getting the work done took about three hours. Add in the doc at two hours and the drive time of an hour each way and it has been a long and tiring day.

I did get medically cleared today to attend Bouchercon 50 here in Dallas at the end of October. he thinks it would be good for me to go and cautioned me to pace myself. I am surprised I was cleared to go, but he was all in favor of it.

Tonight is football and pizza as I rest from a long day that was exhausting and painful. Thank god the NFL is back though I can't remember an opening day with so much player chaos on so many teams. It is going to be interesting.

My pick tonight is ..... The Bears. 

2 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Great that you were cleared for the trip!

Maybe you could get counseling that is not group therapy type counseling?

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I am probably going to have to do something.