Sunday, July 24, 2016

Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine: Hey, blog fans.  I'm out of the hospital after bei...

Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine: Hey, blog fans.  I'm out of the hospital after bei...: Hey, blog fans.  I'm out of the hospital after being poked, prodded, tested. and humiliated.  I'm in much worse shape than when I we...



And this update on Facebook:


Dear Facebook friends: I've been reading your many posts of love and
support, and I'll admit that sometimes I've had tears in my eyes. I'm
out of the hospital now, having been subjected to more tests and
humiliations than anyone should have to undergo. My condition has not
improved, I'm sorry to say. The VBKs were happy to see me, but they
they're happy to see anyone. Turns out they weren't as lucky as we
thought, though.


I won't be posting anywhere for a while, if
ever, but I want you to know how much I appreciate you and your caring
for me. I'll be trying to get into M. D. Anderson and hoping for a
miracle. Thank you all so much for your continuing to keep me in your
minds and hearts.

5 comments:

Kaye George said...

I was devastated when I read Bill's post. No words.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Us too. Bill has been a huge help to me handling the stuff with my wife as he went through much of the same with Judy. Talked me off the roof more than once. Talked about a lot of other stuff too, of course, but this was the big elephant always in the room.

The fact that he and his family now have to deal with this is heartbreaking.

Maureen Harrington said...

Devasting.

Horribly sad week for several of my favorite people.

Bless you and Sandi.

Steve and I are hanging on and holding our heads up.


Kevin R. Tipple said...

Glad to hear it, Reine. We need some good news.

Rick Ollerman said...

All of this is just crushing. I keep waiting for the post that shows a glimmer of a turnaround. Bill has been such a supporter of my books and I hope he has some idea of what that means to me. Last time we spoke I mentioned how cool it was that Jack Vance was a fan of his. Bill was, of course, the picture of modesty. Crossing my fingers...