Sunday, July 01, 2018

Smashwords 2018 Summer/Winter Sale! July 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018

For the 10th year in a row, Smashwords is having a sale for the month of July. Both Barry and I are participating. The official word from Barry comes from part of an email he sent out to folks yesterday.... 


“The e-book site Smashwords.com is running its annual July Summer/Winter Sale, which runs from July 1st through the 31st.  Participating authors lower the prices on their work for the month. I am participating, as I usually do, and although my priced offerings are not exorbitant to begin with (three of them are free year-round), I'll be reducing their prices for the sale period. They include a locked-room mystery novelette; a spoof of science-fiction writer Mike Resnick's The Soul Eater; a collection of humorous stories loaded with word-play, especially puns; a fantasy story for children; a dystopian comedy; a hardboiled Hanukkah story; and a story of workplace revenge. The link to my author page is https://tinyurl.com/jdxlc99





As for myself, I had pretty much decided I wasn’t going to fool with doing this again for a variety of reasons. But, when Barry sent his message around yesterday, I decided to saddle up and ride this pony again. This year the one book I have control over will be $1.50 instead of the normal $2.99. Like me, it is pretty weird. For the most part, the reviews have been positive except for a couple of folks that prove the old adage that one will never be universally loved or appreciated. My short story collection, Mind Slices, is  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/243655 




Both Barry and I hope you take advantage of the opportunity.

No comments: